Now i have gotten a lot of people in my BlackBerry Messenger list asking me when will RIM be updating the BIS to 3.0, well we are getting word that 3.0 will be rolled out next weekend. Here is what is to expect from our friends a CB :
- There will be scheduled network maintenance by Research In Motion (RIM) affecting BIS customers between 0100 CT / 0200 EDT on March 28th and 0500 CT / 0600 EDT on March 28th.
- Blackberry will be performing a BlackBerry Internet Service v2.8 upgrade to BlackBerry Internet Service v3.0
- BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers may be unable to send or receive messages using their BlackBerry hosted email account or integrated third-party email accounts, view email attachments, activate email service, or request to see “”more”" text during the maintenance.
- Wireless service providers and device resellers may be unable to create subscriber accounts or provision services for subscribers.
- The estimated duration of impact is 4 hours and affects 100% of BIS customers.
Be prepared to lose data connection during this time, of course I don’t know how many of you are up till 3 am EST using your BlackBerry other than me of course!